lifeaccordingtosusie

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Getting Started!

I'm jumping on the blog bandwagon. It's February 1, 2005, so I'm just a month late. I meant to do this in January!

This year my creative goals are to create something tangible every month. A completed quilt project. And I plan on working small. I've gotten stuck at 24" x 24" and want to go smaller. Last week I worked on some pieces that were around 4" x 6" and they were the perfect size. Just big enough to play and to try something new.

I've also been working on knitting. I'm almost finished with my second mitten (the match to my first mitten!). And I've been playing with my knitting machines. This morning I tried to make a baby blanket on my USM (Ultimate Sweater Machine by Bond) and couldn't get it to work. ugh! But I will conquer it. I will!

To boost my creativity, I started a creativity group: The Art Tarts. We're meeting once a month and exploring different ways to be creative. Last month we played with paper. We weren't creating things with paper; we were just doing things to paper. Manipulating paper without creating something is harder than it sounds! But you can fold, tear, cut, slice, weave...you get the picture. In February we're going to tackle altered books. This is a great way to try different techniques with paint and glue.

I received my copy of "The Artist's Way" today and plan on reading some tonight. I'm still waiting for my copy of "Art & Fear."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home