lifeaccordingtosusie

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

When Pigs (Start to) Dance

I've started a new doll that is the result of an Uggo Fabric Challenge on a yahoo list I belong to. Frank, a list member, found fabric in his stash that he declared "ugly" and sent pieces to list members who were interested in playing. There were two types of fabric: a bubble gum pink fabric covered with pink and yellow pigs and hearts and a pink striped fabric. I got the pig.

Actually, I didn't think it was all that ugly. Maybe a little girl-ish. But workable.

I started with several ideas. But then the idea of a doll starting itching in my mind. Make me!!! Make me!!! It cried.

OK, a pig is a little obvious...but it had to be done! Check it out! He's (she's?!) 21 inches tall.

My first pig idea was When Pigs Fly. I pulled out silver lame to make wings...but a trip to Target last weekend changed all that. I was looking at hair implements...and a hair scrunchy jumped into my cart. I am a tutu! I am a tutu !

I took pictures and realized I had forgotten ears. But the face is awfully cute--looks a little like Piglet!

I'm going to add ears. And toe shoes. And a tail. I'm debating between beads and fabric. I got all these really cool pink beads last week...I wonder what will win out!

Check back soon for final pictures!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home