lifeaccordingtosusie

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My Picture Posted

I posted a picture with my profile. I don't normally wear crazy hats--although in the life I should be leading I am more than courageous enough to do so! This was taken last summer in Fort Scott, Kansas, when I went antiquing with my big sister Greta and our brother's girlfriend, Debbie. We were trying on all the hats when I found a wedding veil and what was obviously a bridesmaid's hat. Greta wore the veil and I the hat. It's our "wedding party" portrait since we don't have an official one!

I've been down with a nasty cold which involves a lot of coughing--mostly during the night. I'm functioning on very little sleep. So, this has been a bad week creatively! Monday was Valentine's Day and I did my co-room mom thing with my son's kindergarten class. We had a nice party, the kids got way too much candy, and that was my energy allotment for the day. Poor Jim is still waiting for some sort of Valentine's day celebration!

I continue to work on cleaning up the sewing area. Wow, the treasures I found. I forgot that I had picked up a few things when the local Joann's closed to make way for an even better superstore. I have iron-on beads...fat quarters. Also found some Angeline-type fibers--these came from Michael's and I cannot wait to use them.

I'm still knitting the best friend's jacket from Sally Melville's book. I'm nearly done with the one side, and it is getting heavy. I think circular needles are the best, but now I understand about them "holding the weight" of your project!

On the way to our monthly poker game, my friend Kelly and I stopped in Long Grove, IL, at a yarn shop. This was my first experience with yarns not from a craft store or discount store. The yarns were great, but I bought nothing. But I touched everything! I did go into shock when I found a skein of yarn that cost $102 and some change! yikes

Tomorrow I want to paint some fabric. I am involved in a challenge on a quilt list where we were given a piece of fabric. It has to become a prominent part of the piece we create. I think the fabric is cute--pink pigs--and can't get beyond "cute." So I am planning on painting, coloring, stamping...whatever it takes to get past cute. I'll get to use my Createx paints--which are my favorite paints in the whole wide world! I hope to post a picture of the finished piece soon--I've already named the quilt!

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, September 04, 2005 5:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susie- I love Long Grove- that was mothers day out for friend and I every so often. There used to be a fabulous yarn shop in Evanston, Il. (We lived in Chicago are 8 1/2yrs) Now in Lafayette, IN there is a neat yarn shop on main street down town Lafayette along with alot of other great shops. Linda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home