lifeaccordingtosusie

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Fore!!

This past Saturday was one of the best days I have had in quite awhile. The weather was absolutely perfect--mid 70s. My brother Kurt came up from Indiana with his wife Mary Jo. While Mary Jo went to a conference, Kurt, my husband Jim, Jim's Dad and I went golfing. It was great. We tried a course I had never played on. Jim's dad plays it often. I didn't do bad...a 54 on 9 holes. It was a par 3 course, so it wasn't exactly good. But I could have done so much worse!

The best part was spending time with my brother. I realized this week that I couldn't have picked a better brother! Considering I just found him (and my other three brothers and my three sisters) a year ago, I am truly blessed!

Years ago, before husband and kids, I used to golf with my friends Janet, Linda, and Pat quite often. We went in the evenings after work. We all were golfing pretty darn well by the end of the summer. But life has a tendency to get in the way of fun!

I worked on a row round robin for a yahoo list. I think it turned out great and I hope the row owner likes it. She was going for a Northwoods look and send samples of what she was looking for. I created applique patterns of some of the animals and appliqued them down. I think it turned out pretty cool.

Although I did injure myself while making this row! I was distracted by my son and kept sewing. I should have stopped the machine and spoken to him. Instead, I tried doing two things at once and ended up jamming my finger in the screw on the side of the needle. I have a gash in my finger and it's really really tender. Wow, a sewing injury! That doesn't involve a needle pricking my finger while hand sewing!

I'm still working on a sweater for my son. I'm so closed to be finished! These last 20 rows are killing me! lol I hope I can seam it without a problem.

I tried knitting two socks on two circular needles and had an awful time. I spent hours--literally--printing out the instructions and then find them so hard to follow. So I've found another set of instructions on the internet and will give them a try. I also ordered the Crazy Toes and Heels book from Queen Kahuna. It should be here in a few days. This is another knit two socks at one time pattern.

This morning I worked on a spring time block swap for another yahoo list. I drew my own birdhouse applique pattern. Next, I am drawing a rosebud applique pattern.

The tulips are ready to bloom. The roses are pruned--well, some of them. The ones in my backyard are absolutely deadly with thorns so I am leaving those to Jim. Spring seems to be coming early to Illinois this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home