lifeaccordingtosusie

Friday, April 15, 2005

Little Fishes

Today I mailed off my first official ATCs for swapping--little fishes. I've made small quilt-lets. I think the smallest was about 4x6". ATCs are 2.5" x 3.5".

These were a lot of fun. The quilting is fun. The embellishing is fun. Searching out the right buttons and embellishments is fun.

But...I worry that they all end up looking alike eventually. At least when I make them.

I guess I have to make more and see what happens...

While watching Simply Quilts this morning (I Tivo two episodes a day!), I heard the woman being featured saying that she had given herself a year to figure out which medium she was going to be an artist in.

This was an eye opener for me...I thought a "true artist" never waffled about the medium. I thought painters knew they were painters...quilters knew they were quilters...beaders knew they were beaders...

I now feel a little better about my year(s) of exploration. I'm playing with everything, waiting to find the thing that really catches my attention. Quilting, yes. At least art quilting. I have no patience for traditional piecing. Although I make myself do some to keep up my skills. I'm really liking art dolls. And beading. Especially beading in relationship to art dolls and art quilting.

It seems like I've been given "permission" to explore and play. And I'm excited about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home