lifeaccordingtosusie

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Baseball Tournament #1

OK, this used to be a huge post about the negative things that happened at our first tournament. I'm erasing all that. Who cares how other people act? As long as Jim and I are being responsible parents and our children are being good sports, we can be proud of our part in the sport of baseball.

I think the team is disappointed because they lost all three games and all were called by the "mercy" rule. I've seen these boys play--not together, but separately throughout the season--and they are all good players. They were a little off this weekend. It was the first time they played together and they will develop that rhythm that comes after a few games.

This coming weekend is the Lombard tournament. I wonder if their baseball facilities are as impressive as the Mt. Prospect fields. The care that went into those fields was monumental. I spoke to the wife of the organizer and she said it was all due to the dads' hard work. They wet the fields, applied the chalk.

My favorite part is still the electronic scoreboards. It was nice knowing what was going on without having to ask the scorekeeper or the person sitting next to me all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home