lifeaccordingtosusie

Friday, June 17, 2005

I'm 32!





You Are 32 Years Old



32





Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.

13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.

20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!

40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.




What a hoot! Having recently turned 39, I am pleased to quiz out at a 32! woohoo!!!

Incidentally, this is the exact age a man at a bar recently told me he thought I was. It was kindergarten mom's night out. I drank beer--2.5 Coronas with lime! I thought the music was too loud and the girls were dressed too scantily.

By the way, women of the 80s. Haven't we spent our entire lives making certain our underwear doesn't show? Bra straps are hidden. If they can't be hidden, we wear strapless ones. Panties stay tucked into pants.

I always felt a little wanton, a little reckless, when I didn't wear a slip under every single skirt. I figured it really wasn't all that necessary under denim...wool...all heavy fabrics. What's the purpose?!

But I've never dreamt of putting on a black bra and wearing it under a pink or white or blue or...spaghetti strap top. I've never let my thong (ok, never worn one...but still...) or any of my underwear hang out of my pants. Maybe once, in 7th grade, my underwear showed when I cut my jeans too short making them into shorts for the summer.

The best part about kindergarten mom's night out--at Diamond Lil's in Roselle, by the way--is karaoke (how in the hell do you spell that word?! spell check doesn't even know!). People have no shame! lol A young woman got up and sang "Touch Myself" by the DiVynals. Points for choosing a DiVynals song...but yikes. Or the bartender who got up and sang "I'm So Horny." Guess it's a song from "Full Metal Jacket" but since I don't watch war movies I'm outta that loop. The song made me blush. Literally. I was embarrassed.

OK, I'm off to bask in my 32 year old self...but, why do I feel 82?! roflmao

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 17, 2005 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    When I took the quiz i came out as 28 nay nay I'm younger then you. I guess this is supose to compensate for being called Grandma way to often when I'm out with my very own kids that I gave birth to. Bugs me I'm only 43 and I really don't know any 43 year old Grandma's so I guess that means I look really old. Oh well at least I'm not dead.

     
  • At Wednesday, June 22, 2005 9:44:00 AM, Blogger pedalpower said…

    I tested at 32 too-I'm actually about to turn 43. My kids think I act too old, my husband looks at me sometimes like I must be acting awfully kiddish. I feel very young-but I sure would like to have my 20 something body back! LOL

     
  • At Wednesday, June 22, 2005 3:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh the horror, I tested out at 24 (I was 36 on the 17th). I'm thinking it's my wildly liberal political views that did it. : ) And, um, that underwear thing you mentioned-I cannot tell you the number of times I've walked behind an employee, realized that she wears Victoria Secret's thongs, and then had to explain to her that she needs higher waisted pants or a belt. Not to mention, slightly more comfortable undies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home