lifeaccordingtosusie

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Art a Day in May

On a yahoo list someone spoke about creating something each day in May. So I jumped to take the challenge. Here's where I am so far...

May 1st...spent the day being a baseball mom and the night thawing out. My three sons are in little league and Sunday marked the opening day ceremony. We endured through rain, sleet, hail, and freezing temperatures. Then the twins had a game and I spent over 2 hours sitting in the cold watching. They won, by the way! No art completed.

May 2nd...I was miserable all day from the cold I seem to have contracted over the weekend. I did do some knitting on my socks on the circular needles. I am almost done--just a few more inches on the cuffs. If dreaming counts, I dreamt of several different dolls to make. No art completed.

May 3rd...I spent hours creating the template for a doll I was going to make out of roof flashing. The doll looks great. Ideas were soaring through my brain as I thought of colors to paint it...embellishments to add. But when I transferred the design to the flashing and started cutting it out, it was a nightmare. I tossed the whole thing into the trash about half way through. I still have pieces of metal in my fingers, I think! I hope successfully creating something isn't the only thing that counts. Because I DID try. And the doll template is really cute. I do have another idea for it...and I'll still get to embellish.

Now where are the canvases. I need the canvases...

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:22:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi:

    This week I went to a soccer game and practiceand frozen my butt off. It's May what's going on in this crazy state. Failed art counts as far as I'm concerned. Without fialed projects I'd have no projects lately.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home