lifeaccordingtosusie

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Sweater Finished!

I actually finished a sweater! I made this for my son, Aaron. He's 6 years old and about 45 pounds.

I knit up to the arm holes on a circular needle. Added the white stripe for some excitement. After the arm holes , I switched to the garter stitch, back and forth on the needles. No more circular knitting!

At the knitting guild meeting I went to last month, there was a demonstration on seaming. I wish I had just seen the demo a few days ago, because I forgot a lot! So my seams could use a little work. OK, a lot of work.

Today I started a pair of socks done on two circular needles. Yes, a pair of socks at once. I ordered the Crazy Toes and Heels book from the Queen Kahuna website (http://www.queenkahuna-creations.com/). I tried another method and failed. But this time I am whipping up these socks. She actually has a method for casting on the toe stitches that require no seaming when you are done! Incredible.

It took just a few days to get the book--it was sent priority mail. There are plenty of pictures and the instructions are clear. This is a must-have for anyone who knits socks.

I mean, why knit one at a time?! By the time I knit one sock I am bored. And I know very few uses for a single sock. There are also formulas for the perfect fit.

We're in the middle of baseball season and I was looking for the perfect portable project. Maybe socks are it!

On the sidelines, waiting to be created is a beaded amulet bag. I have the pattern and the beads...I just need the time!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home