lifeaccordingtosusie

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I was offended today...

by a bumper sticker that read: If Mary was ProChoice there would be NO Christmas

I've tried posting two different rants about this, but keep destroying them. Obviously, my rants on this subject are not meant to be. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about the absurdity of this bumper sticker on your own.

And I'll add a few more rants, in no particular order:

Letters written by professional people who want me to do business with them that are crammed into the envelopes (yes, an 8.5x11 piece of paper can fit into a #10 envelope with two simple folds) and full of mis-spellings and grammatical errors. We've all seen the email that comes around blasting spell-check. That's why you proof-read things.

Home-improvement vendors who refuse to work with the wife only. They always want to meet with me and my husband to give a quote on work to be done. If you can't meet with just me, don't plan on getting the job. My husband works, I am home. We communicate with one another. I can relay any information correctly. I can even make decisions about money!

Hearing comments from people wondering (sometimes they even pose it in a joking matter) whether my sons are really 12 years old. OK, they're big. OK, they play a mean game of baseball. But did you think we altered their birth certificates when they were eight years old in anticipation of them being good ball players in the future? Maybe you might do that...but we have integrity here. Oh, and we have some really big, really good baseball players. Eat your hearts out.

Enough! Enough!

Maybe I need a blog just for ranting!

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, June 16, 2005 10:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rant on sister!! That's half of what I do on my blog. LOL I love the fact that everyone is free to stick whatever they want on their car but I can definately relate when it come seeing one that just ticks you off!! I saw one the other day that showed one of those whizzing kids whizzing on the PETA logo. What the heck???

     
  • At Friday, June 17, 2005 4:01:00 AM, Blogger Shelly McC said…

    I agree with you whole heartedly susie, except maybe a little on the spelling in email thing. I am guilty of hitting send before proofing...(oops)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home