lifeaccordingtosusie

Monday, July 17, 2006

Glass Name Plate



It worked! My first attempt at this was a failure! At 1500 degrees, when I was expecting fusion--I got a huge bubble! So I asked for help in the glass fusion and warm glass boards. From the advice I received, I redid everything exactly the same way.

But! I added a second piece of glass under the one with the frit writing/drawing. I love the bubbles that formed. One is a perfect triangle shape that I don't think I could have achieved on my own!

As it was firing, I realized I should have included a wire hanger. Next time!

3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susie, you are soooooo talented -- I think Jim and the boys bring out the best in you -- keep it up!!!!!!

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susie, I love this whole website thing of yours!!! It made me very very happy!!! You do know that you are nuts, right?!?! I no longer feel alone in the world! I have been hearing the word blog and did not know what one it? Is this blog thing another word for a personal website?

    I love all the glass work that you have done! It is gorgeous!

    Love, your very favoritist cousin...Jeanne

     
  • At Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:43:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Susie;

    I love your glass work. how did you get into it? Is there a scholl around that teaches it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home