lifeaccordingtosusie

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Summer Reading

I packed the carry-on tote full of books when we flew to KC. They were all Earlene Fowler books...I finally caught up with the series except for the latest book. I love Benni Harper and her adventures. And with the quilting link, this is the series for me!

I also came home to several books on hold at the library. I guess every one of my favorite authors is releasing a new book this summer. I fought the urge to but the new Stephanie Plum novel, "Eleven on Top," at the airport. I laughed out loud throughout the entire novel. Finished it in one night and re-read it before returning it to the library. I think I'm going to buy all the novels to read and re-read. I love Stephanie Plum. I also admire Janet Evanovich and want to write like her!

The next book was http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0743250559/qid=1121376918/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/104-4282388-5691130?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 by Edna Buchanan. It was a good read. It has the same characters as her previous novel, "Cold Case Squad."

Now I'm reading "Velocity" by Dean Koontz and hope I finish this one. I haven't finished one of his novels in a long time. I'm not in the mood for the melancholy drama and long, drawn-out descriptions any more. Maybe this one will be different...

To make this art related, I picked up Ricky Tim's "Convergence Quilts" last night. I flipped through it, think I have a feel for the method and want to try it out. In a burst of soon-to-be-creative, I cleaned up the sewing area enough so that some sewing could be done if I find the time or the compunction to sew. I did mend a nightgown...something of a miracle since I'm not exactly a mender. But it's really really hot and I really really need that spaghetti strap gown.

I'll let you know about that Dean Koontz novel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home