lifeaccordingtosusie

Monday, June 05, 2006

Kiln Chronicles



I had such a disastrous experiment that I took a breather! I tried fusing two pieces of glass--same glass from the same sheet--with a piece of fern between them. I thought the fern would vaporize and make a cool etching on the fused glass. Nope, the top piece flew across the kiln.

When I opened the lid and saw the glass everywhere but on the thinfire shelf paper, I panicked. Instantly, I emailed glass groups. The consensus was I had made a pretty big mess.

Except...that none of the glass stuck! I was blessed by the glass gods that day.

This picture is of some fused jewelry pieces. I fused them once and wasn't wild about them--too darn plain. So I took some stringers, added to the top, and refused.

I've worn the pendant, but am having glue issues. It came off the bail and needs to be re-glued. I'm planning on wire wrapping one piece and attaching it to a key chain finding I got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home