lifeaccordingtosusie

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I tried Tims...


...and am not quite sure I succeeded. A few weeks ago I bought Ricky Tim's "Convergence Quilts" book. Today I was finally able to experiment.

I'm not sure I like what I've come up with. Look up above...

The picture doesn't really show the colors right. The curves are two purples...not blue. The lime green is lime green.

Truthfully, the fat quarters looked great together before they were cut apart and pieced. Now I'm not so sure...

I can't decide if I want to go ahead and finish this as a quilt or if I want to cut this up for postcards.

Suggestions?

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, July 26, 2005 7:37:00 PM, Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said…

    I think it would make great postcards Susie! Looks like a fun technique. It needs something else for it to be "enough" for a quilt, something squiggly and orange perhaps?

     
  • At Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Try to finish the quilt top. You can always embelish and do some fushin and applique. If the top does't work you can fall bak on the post cards.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:38:00 AM, Blogger Deb R said…

    I like it!
    Good colors, interesting lines.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susie - I think it would be a great quilt - I love what you've done so far. It does need something more tho... I tend to "over-embellish", but I would be adding some really funky fibers and beads... maybe some smaller bits of fabric... and by the time I'm done, it won't even come close to one of the convergence quilts! LOL!
    Andrea

     

Post a Comment

<< Home