lifeaccordingtosusie

Friday, July 29, 2005

Blue Jeans Purse




I've had a half-finished blue jeans purse sitting around for months. I was inspired to finish it by the people on the AGirlCanNeverHaveEnoughHandbags yahoo list. I lined it with some fun flannel-backed satin I picked up in the remnants bin. It's full of tropical drinks--one of my favorite things!

I need more embellishments, but don't seem to have the right stuff on hand. I'm trying to avoid a trip to the fabric store...I don't need any more stuff!!!!!

The handles are plastic made to look like wood. And I was fooled! I had to check and re-check more than once to make sure they were plastic. So wood-like...I got them somewhere locally.

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, July 29, 2005 8:35:00 PM, Blogger becky said…

    I like it. Recycled denim has it's own special charms.
    Becky
    http://beckywall.blogspot.com/

     
  • At Monday, August 01, 2005 10:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool bag! Gives me an idea of what do with my daughter's outgrown jeans, expecially if I let the girls embellish their own bags. How did Velocity turn out? I haven't read Koontz in a few years and I'm thinking of starting again.

     
  • At Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:23:00 AM, Blogger Lindsay said…

    What a really cool bag! Ithink it's a hoot that you have a hand bag group! Here here for the great wide internet!
    Lindsay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home