lifeaccordingtosusie

Saturday, August 06, 2005

XBag Finished...Gave Me Fits!!







I've been dying to make an x-bag for awhile. I saw an ad/picture in the back of a magazine. Searched for the pattern--which I finally found in Pittsburg, Kansas at a small quilt shop.

I liked the pattern so much, that I changed it! lol I used a double-sided pre-quilted fabric. Which caused some problems when following the pattern directions, but I changed them slightly.

I had the hardest time sewing up the sides because one of the seams is buried and kept getting left out of the seam. It took a lot of ripping to finish the bag right.

Also, the raw edges--with a regular zig zag stitch--are visible inside the bag. I think I would make adjustments to this, making sure that they were covered in some way. The bottom and side bottom seams would still be raw, but could be covered with plastic canvas in fabric. This would also give the bag some stability--which isn't really needed with the pre-quilted fabric.

I think this would be a great purse to have in all kinds of novelty fabrics. Halloween. Christmas. Well, you get the idea.

It's nice and roomy. Now I'm designing a wallet to go with it...

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 08, 2005 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Glitteringsky said…

    Hi Susie! I love your xbag. Great colors. Similar to a sling bag isn't it? Very pretty! ***Karen*** http://www.rubylane.com/shops/glitteringsky

    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZglitteringsky

     

Post a Comment

<< Home