lifeaccordingtosusie

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Art Doll Challenge





I participated in an art doll baggie challenge on the Art Doll yahoo list. The rules: gather together a sandwich-sized baggie of materials and send on to another person. The recipient creates a doll out of the materials, using any or all. Personal materials could be added, if needed.

I received my bag and mulled over if for weeks. I mean, the deadline is November 15--why would I rush it?! [I really need to work on this procrastination issue...]

Still mulling and moaning and groaning, I flipped through the new Soft Doll and Animal magazine and found pattern I liked (Dylan the elf). I liked it so much, I changed it.

And Lola was born. Lola, you snicker. As in Copacabana? Yes! Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl... I've had that darn Barry Manilow CD in the car since watching "Foul Play" last weekend and became inspired.

My Lola is somewhere between showgirl and has-been. Not quite the faded feathers in her hair, but getting dangerously close!

Check out her "shoes"--yes one has a bell and the other a baby's button. Surely Tony and Lola meant to have children!

Everything came from the baggie, except the thread and stuffing. Nothing came from my stash. And I didn't use everything. I couldn't even come close. There were some things just dying to be used, but I couldn't manage it. Maybe there's another doll lurking in that tyvek envelope.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home