lifeaccordingtosusie

Friday, November 11, 2005

Culture! Culture Everywhere!

I am getting so cultured here in suburban Chicago!

Jim and I saw Wicked for our anniversary. It was incredible! Spectacular!

I was concerned because the only seats I could get were "limited view." They were the best seats ever! Second row. One more seat over and they would have been terrible. Beyond limited view. But these were great.

We were so close you could see the texture of the costumes. Thick fabrics. Upholstery fabrics. Embellishments all over the place. I wanted to reach out and touch them all!

Elphaba was played by Ana Gasteyer of Saturday Night Fame. Wow! She was so good. Her voice is amazing.

If you get a chance to see Wicked...run, don't walk! It's worth every penny!

This week I went to see The Vagina Monologues at the Metropolis Performing Arts Center in Arlington Heights. Four women. Four very funny women.

I thought it was solely a comedy. But there were sad moments too. And it made me think.

Another must see if you get the chance!

I've got to have more culture! What's next?!

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 7:16:00 PM, Blogger Mean Red said…

    Hey
    You should check the trachtenburg family slideshow players website if you want to laugh. I saw them here in Belfast, they are unique! They're from New York so chances are they will be back in the USA touring soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home