lifeaccordingtosusie

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Fall


It's turning into a great fall day here in Illinois. I wonder why I find it so hard to admit that I LOVE fall. I love the eeriness of the days getting shorter and the sky getting gloomier. I love the crisp blue skies and the fluffy white clouds. I love the slight chill in the air.

But I guess I hate that the season following fall is winter. And winter in Chicagoland simply sucks.

Jim's off at a work thing. We're ordering pizza for dinner. Makes it nice and easy.

I went out to return a massive load of overdue library books. Good thing this month is food for fines because Jim and the boys just racked up a bill. Went to Walgreens and picked up some Robitussin--nasal congestion formula this time. Last time I had a sinus infection the doctor said Robitussin was the best thing. Usually works great for me.

I trolled the Halloween aisle. There are some fun things out. But Menards and Michael's have a much better display aisle. I bought some things on clearance last year and cannot wait to put them out.

The twins have their 13th birthday party on Saturday. This is their first-ever friend birthday party. Since they've been with us it just hasn't worked out. I'm excited for them. We're going to the bowling alley. Yikes! Before they came to live with us, I don't think much was made of their birthdays.

They have been angel children. Or is it that I am not suffering from rampant PMS? Maybe hormones of any type don't mix well between mother and child. I told Jim the whole problem would be solved if they would all just go away two days a month or if I went to a hotel.

Aaron is being absolutely adorable these days. He's losing teeth rapidly and has a great gap-toothed grin. One more and he'll be singing "All I want for Christmas..." He looks like a bi-racial Dennis the Menace when he's getting into trouble. He's learning so much so fast this year in school. Every day he seems more and more like a little man. This is a great age (first grade)with kids, I'm thinking.

I'm going to go knit a bit. Worked some on my cardigan yesterday and had to frog quite a few rows because I screwed it up. Don't knit while foggy-brained. It isn't worth it! This is the first piece I am knitting with a pattern and it's a challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home