lifeaccordingtosusie

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Creative Tuesday





OOOO, I was creative today! And it feels so good.

This morning was my drawing class. These are drawings of my hand in various poses. We were not to lift the pencil, backtrack over our previously lines if necessary, and no erasing! There is also a drawing of a tool still life. This was difficult to draw. Literally, I was exhausted when I finished.

This afternoon I made a quilt block for an internet friend's wedding quilt. I've toiled over this block. I've thought of a hundred different designs. I ended up going with a pretty easy one and it looks nice. It felt good to sew.

I've spent some time reorganizing the master bedroom/studio and had told myself I could sew until it was finished. Except it's taking forever. So today I flung things out of the way and hugged the Quilter's Choice to my bosom. It felt so good!

I caught Linda Wasilowski on Simply Quilts yesterday and want to fuse some quilts. I've done it in the past, but haven't in awhile. I also saw an episode about creating a quilted sweat shirt jacket. Today I bought some sea-life fabrics and some brights and an over-sized sweatshirt. I can't wait to get started on that project!

Dinner's cooking. The house smells good. The sun is shining. It's a pretty great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home