lifeaccordingtosusie

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Birthdays and Basketball and Messes, Oh My!

Aaron's birthday was on the 5th. He turned 7. I cannot believe my baby is a whole 7 years old!! In some ways he seems so grown up now. In others, he is as annoying as a child going through the terrible twos! ha Here are pictures from his special day!

The twins started playing school basketball games last week. So far they have played three times; they've won one game. After the first game, I was a little disappointed. Like many people, I assumed that massive height equals instant talent. That isn't true. The second game was better. The third game was exciting and they played their hearts out. It just took them a little while to get their rhythm going.

Let me take a minute to say that I am surrounded by physical talent and dedication, and I am impressed with it! Jim runs and works out every day. He's only missed a few times in the nine years I have known him. He takes his fitness seriously, and it takes precedence over everything.

The twins are so talented athletically that it literally takes my breath away. Baseball has been the sport of choice so far, and watching them throw and catch is amazing. Watching them interact with each other while fielding is amazing--few balls get passed the Kline boys when they are playing some position in in-field.

I think basketball will also be a good sport for them. They don't play together--they are the rotating centers--but they both play hard and good when they are on the court.

Aaron is taking a park district basketball skills class now. He will play games after the New Year.

Me, I am feel better when I exercise, I firm up quickly, but I find every excuse not to work out. Working out is at the bottom of my to-do list. I think I need to change that mindset for my own sanity. Because I feel much better when I exercise, even if every part of my body aches and hurts. At least my mind and mood feel better!

Yesterday the boys put together a gingerbread house. This has been one of those "gonna do" projects for years. Well, I found a great kit at Costco and off we went.

Building the gingerbread house was the messiest project we've done. I was covered in icing, because I was the mortar gal. The table was covered. More candy got eaten--by all of us!--than made it to the house. But it was fun and we have something to nibble on. Who needs a candy dish when you've got the house?!

I'm loving the gum drops. Aren't those the things that are rubbery and covered in sugar? I've always thought of myself as a strictly chocolate chick, but I am re-thinking that now!

Roxy the wonder pup has grown some! She actually weighed nearly 3 pounds when I took her to the vet a few weeks ago. She looks all leggy to me right now--like she got a little taller. And she's still adorable! Still not liking the idea of being an accessory--doesn't like the purse, doesn't want to dress up--but she's my baby. I could hold her for hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home