lifeaccordingtosusie

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Valentine's Day



Valentine's Day is such a pretend holiday. I don't like it at all. All the pink and red. The forced romance. ugh!!

We celebrated by going to dinner with Aaron. The twins were at a Bulls game with a friend and his dad. The only place without a wait was Baker's Square. How awful! Even the pie was mediocre. And Tiffany, our charming blonde teenage waitress, developed quite the attitude by the end of the evening. I should have tipped her a dollar!

I did get a cool soduko electronic game. I am addicted to the puzzle, so it is much appreciated. I've almost worked my way through a book and have a second in the wings. The electronic game is cool--it beeps every time you fill in a digit in all the nine-patches. Too cool!

The picture above is a montage I did for a swap on a yahoo list. The recipient picked the theme and away we went. I struggled with the term "montage." Then I looked it up in an on-line dictionary and found the definition is "collage." OK, then I knew how to start.

I used some of the things I've learned in my on-line Photoshop Elements course to make the base. Added some things. Pasted everything down with Golden gel medium.

I LOVE the gel medium! Sure, I walked around the rest of the day with hands that looked like a had a serious case of dry, peeling skin. But it was worth it to see everything pasted down so nicely. It dried without being tacky, which was my biggest worry.

I also started working on my color challenge quilt. My color is blue. I had an idea originally, then began changing my mind. I ended up back with the original idea. I'm making a butterfly using a technique similar to that of Esterita Austin. I saw her program on Simply Quilts today and had an aha moment.

I have everything cut out and now need to fuse it. Hopefully it will work out like I am planning. Or my aha moment with turn into a god damn moment and pieces will fly.

This was the first time doing something fabric related and it felt good. Which is convenient because I have many projects that need to be finished!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home